Louisiana Sportbikes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steering stabilizer, which is best?

3 posters

Go down

Steering stabilizer, which is best? Empty Steering stabilizer, which is best?

Post  Zero Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Normally, my bike should have a stock stabilizer but the previous owner removed it and couldn't locate it when I bought the bike. So, my first order of business is either a new aftermarket stabilizer or possibly a stock replacement if there isn't a significant improvement over the stock offering. Anyone have any experience in this department? Me and tank slappers don't get along at all.
Zero
Zero
Admin

https://lasportbikes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Steering stabilizer, which is best? Empty Re: Steering stabilizer, which is best?

Post  jordan777er Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

While I haven't been able to muster up the funds for one yet, I planned on getting a Hyperpro brand damper for my ZX6 once I start doing trackdays. Are you actually experiencing tank slappers right now? If so, make sure your suspension is set. My bike was set up for it's previous owner and it felt like crap and was extremely twitchy and unresponsive. I reset the suspension for my weight, and it handles like a dream now. It's firmly planted in corners and I couldn't be happier. I honestly just want a damper for added assurance once I hit the track. I don't feel like I need it to ride at all though.
jordan777er
jordan777er
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Steering stabilizer, which is best? Empty Re: Steering stabilizer, which is best?

Post  Zero Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Haven't had any issues yet but I had a REALLY bad experience with an unexpected tank slapper on my 02 R1 so I want it for the insurance. I was looking at the Scott's stabilizer but not sure If I want all that hardware on top of my triple tree. A lot of the roads around here are questionable at best and I'd just like to make sure I'm not going to have issues.
Zero
Zero
Admin

https://lasportbikes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneStar636 Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:52 am

I've never had a stabilizer on my ZX6R and from what I've read Kawasaki engineered the steering to not need one. I did have a tank slapper once but I don't feel one would do anything but be added weight to me. I have heard that for street riding it can be a draw back since it requires a lot more effort to turn riding slow in town. Although if the bike came with one I'd be inclined to put one back on.
LoneStar636
LoneStar636
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum