Louisiana Sportbikes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone still riding?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone still riding? Empty Anyone still riding?

Post  jordan777er Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Just checking in, it's been dead around here lately. Anyone got any new toys for the bike? I'm getting in contact a painters to get this thing finished up, and I'm trying to invest in some better gear for Christmas. Other than that not a whole lot has been going on, just working and putting on some miles when I can.
jordan777er
jordan777er
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Anyone still riding? Empty Re: Anyone still riding?

Post  Zero Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:26 am

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Between getting sick, prepping for the Holidays, and all the bikes I've been working on, I haven't had much time to ride. I'm getting a compressor for christmas and as soon as the really cold weather sets in, I'll probably start stripping my bike down. I have a paint gun that's been in the box for years so I figure it's time to put it to use. Not to mention my wheels frame and swing arm are in serious need of some paint. Going to try and just get it back to that flat black factory look. I haven't decided what to do with my plastics yet, they could use a repaint as well though. Just haven't decided on the color yet. I like the factory yamaha blue, but I'm a big fan of the blacked out stealthy look as well.

It looks like this weekend is going to be in the 70's so I'll probably set up a ride. One of my friends just picked an 07 ZX-6R for practically nothing to replace his shoddy 01 R6. Finally, I can stop spending all my time fixing that POS. I'll see if I can get some pics of the new bike up.

He managed to get the thing for 3900 w/ 15k miles in nearly mint condition with a carbon fiber Yoshi slip on and a bunch of aftermarket goodies. The owner even threw in a nice helmet and race stands that are worth about 4-500 alone.
Zero
Zero
Admin

https://lasportbikes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan777er Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:46 am

The 07-08 6R is a solid bike for sure, down on power but it handles beautifully. The only thing to worry about is the headgasket issue, make sure it was fixed under recall. A few people had their motors blow up due to it, but most people ended being fine.
jordan777er
jordan777er
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan777er Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:48 am

Oh and I'm getting a quote from a good friend to have my bike painted. He paints for a living and I've seen his work so I'm hoping that his rate is good enough and I can get it done as a Christmas present to myself lol. Good luck with the compressor, hopefully it turns out well since you're just doing a single color.
jordan777er
jordan777er
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:47 am

I've done some painting in the past on a few vehicles, nothing professional but I know the process well. We'll see if this paint gun is any good. I'll throw up a post to document the whole thing in the future. Probably some time in January.

Let me know what your quote comes in at. I have a couple of friends looking to get their bikes painted as well.
Zero
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:10 am

Well I got screwed on the compressor. They didn't get the one I asked for. Instead they got some cheap pos. I took it back to day to try and exchange it and of course the one I wanted was on sale for black friday, which made it affordable, but now it isn't. So, guess I'll have to wait on that. Don't you just love it when people ask you what you want, then go and get you some half-assed cheap version of what you asked for that is literally worthless. Makes you feel all warm inside....with rage mostly. Evil or Very Mad
Zero
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan777er Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:13 am

Bump

Anyone out there still? lol
jordan777er
jordan777er
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmurda Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:48 am

Just found this forum so I figured I should make a post somewhere. I have an 07 GSXR750 that I street fightered out. I must give props to the creator of this site.
I'm Definately looking for a crew to ride with

mrmurda
Road Rash

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan777er Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:10 am

I ride every single day, and sometimes I ride with LoneStar636 so it shouldn't be too hard to set something up. We still need to meet up with the Monroe crew once things warm up a bit!
jordan777er
jordan777er
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:56 pm

mrmurda wrote:Just found this forum so I figured I should make a post somewhere. I have an 07 GSXR750 that I street fightered out. I must give props to the creator of this site.
I'm Definately looking for a crew to ride with

Welcome to the forums, we're kind of quiet at the moment because most people aren't riding in this weather. Although, as soon as we get a reasonably warm day with no rain, I'll be setting up rides again. Our first order of business will likely be to meet up with the Shreveport crew for a ride in Arcadia.
Zero
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum