Louisiana Sportbikes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost finished!

3 posters

Go down

Almost finished! Empty Almost finished!

Post  jordan777er Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:59 pm

I just got off the phone with Vortex not too long ago, and my replacement lever is finally off backorder and should be here soon. It should be nice having rear brakes again! I just ordered a new windscreen and a full bolt kit for the bike today also, so all I'll need are the sides and lowers and coat of paint to have her back to normal again! It's come a long way since June. I'm excited to have her back at 100%.
jordan777er
jordan777er
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Almost finished! Empty Re: Almost finished!

Post  Zero Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:21 pm

You planning on painting it yourself or you going to have someone do it? If you get someone else to do it, let me know what they charged you. Been contemplating getting mine painted as well. I have a paint gun so I could do it myself but I've never had the balls to actually use the thing. Had the gun for years now and it's been sitting in the box brand new since I bought it lol.
Zero
Zero
Admin

https://lasportbikes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloopy70 Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:19 am

I rattle canned mine rustoleum yellow for about $20 and it looks pretty good ;-) hopefully show y'all soon
Sloopy70
Sloopy70
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan777er Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:21 am

Zero wrote:You planning on painting it yourself or you going to have someone do it? If you get someone else to do it, let me know what they charged you. Been contemplating getting mine painted as well. I have a paint gun so I could do it myself but I've never had the balls to actually use the thing. Had the gun for years now and it's been sitting in the box brand new since I bought it lol.

I'll be having it professionally painted since I want ZX-6R painted on in the 2012 ZX-10R font and because I want a design from the nose, across the tank, and ending on the tail. It'll be tasteful, I promise lol.
jordan777er
jordan777er
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:35 am

If Josh ever gets his new plastics in for his R6, I think I'm going to use his old ones as practice. His uncle has a nice compressor we can borrow and I'll finally get to take that spray gun out of the box lol. If it turns out well I might get a set of slightly damaged plastics for cheap and repaint them as a backup or replacements for my current plastics.
Zero
Zero
Admin

https://lasportbikes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum