Louisiana Sportbikes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcomers observations...

2 posters

Go down

Newcomers observations... Empty Newcomers observations...

Post  Sloopy70 Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:52 pm

I like MOST of the site and am glad you cooked it up zero... The first thing that I saw when I linked I to here was that terrible font on the front page... Being a sportbike site maybe it should be a "fast" looking font instead of a circus/western looking font... Also it feels like if you made the welcome banner stretch across the top of the screen instead of taking up half a page with the huge R1 pic it would feel more welcoming... Just some thoughts ;-)
Sloopy70
Sloopy70
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Newcomers observations... Empty Re: Newcomers observations...

Post  Zero Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks for the input. I'm not the best when it come to photoshop and just threw something together for the time being. I'm hoping we'll attract a photoshop wiz in the near future to get us a decent header. I'll see if I can come up with something better till then. You have any recommendations or examples of the type of font you're talking about? It's a free forum so our options may be limited, but I'm certainly open to looking into it.
Zero
Zero
Admin

https://lasportbikes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:23 am

Put a new header up on the homepage with a bit better sizing. It's still a bit tall but I couldn't bring myself to crop parts of the rider out. Anyhow, I'm really liking this pic. It was done by a guy named Okiron over at Deviantart.com.
Zero
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloopy70 Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:15 am

Really digging the new header, maybe if the current text was more italicized/skewed... Maybe a space between la and sportbikes...
Sloopy70
Sloopy70
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:09 am

I was really wanting to do something similar to the photo with the text but photoshop just wouldn't co-operate. So, after an hour, I said screw it, and did it with microsoft paint with very limited options. Going to mess with it more this evening when I have time.
Zero
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:46 am

Well, after several hours of reading photoshop tutorials I managed to put together the current header. Think I'm done with it for the time being. If someone else wants to take a stab at it, I'll gladly consider it. Otherwise, we are stuck with this one. ;p
Zero
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloopy70 Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:03 am

Header looks good... I've literally been working on my bike since 6pm yesterday, now it's 4am Friday... Man I'm ready for my bike to be on the road...
Sloopy70
Sloopy70
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:19 am

Thanks. I hear ya. Me and a friend had planned a ride together a couple of weekends ago and 10 minutes into the ride my brake line got stuck between the rear tire and the swingarm. The tire managed to burn right through the oem brake line, ruining it and spraying brake fluid everywhere. Had to end that ride and limp it home. I ordered a new stainless steel line on Monday from motorcycle-superstore.com but it didn't show up until the following Monday. They said it was in stock on the website but it was on order and didn't ship out till Thursday. Ended up missing out on riding for just 2 weekends but it sucked so bad.

What's up with your bike?
Zero
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloopy70 Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:26 am

Rebuilding it... Bought it from a guy for $400, almost road ready... If it would start more reliably I'd already be on the road... I believe I have a bad float bowl o ring that's letting air in and losing vacuum, would explain not wanting to idle below 2500 and not wanting to start... It'll start after a couple minutes of flooding it...
Sloopy70
Sloopy70
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:40 am

Time to rebuild those carbs lol. I gave up on carbureted bikes. If it's not fuel injected I'd rather not have to deal with it. Just too much maintenance. Although a 400 dollar deal might change my mind lol. I ended up getting my 05 R1 for 4800 which was about 2k below blue book, but I've had to put about 300 bucks into it and a whole lot of work to get it on the road. Running and riding perfect now though. Just waiting on my rear seat to come in. I had a solo cowl but I apparently didn't fully latch it when I put it on before a late night ride a few weeks ago and it blew off. I found it the next day. It had been run over and was sitting in the ditch in about 50 pieces.
Zero
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum