Texan with a motorcycle in Louisiana.

Go down

Texan with a motorcycle in Louisiana.

Post  LoneStar636 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi I'm Cody. Jordan suggested I check this place so I did and like how small and personal it seems right now. I moved to Shreveport 6 1/2 years ago from Houston cause of a job I got up here. I didn't think I'd be here this long but I have been. A few years ago I had that feeling building that I wanted a sportbike so after doing my homework I pulled the trigger one weekend and found myself a 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R that I wanted. I had ridden dirtbikes growing up so I knew all the basics of riding I just had to learn the street skills and stuff. I work 4 day weeks so depending on what is going on I either stay in town or go back home to Houston. Riding in the two cities could not be any different. Riding up here is one of the few things I really like about up here. I'm not a commuter really. I bought my bike for fun and when I set out on it I don't want to be looking at the clock knowing I have a time limit or a certain place to be. On top of that everyone on here will know how brutal the heat was this summer. Working for 10 hours in the heat and humidity at night followed by riding through it home doesn't sound like a fun time. If that makes me a "fair weather" rider then so be it. I do love that Shreveport/Bossier doesn't have traffic as I know it and that within 10 minutes I can be outside of town riding towards or around one of the lakes. Also I'm a huge race fan. WSBK and MotoGP I watch every race weekend even if I have to get it from international sources so if anyone wants to talk racing then I'm down.
LoneStar636
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Texan with a motorcycle in Louisiana.

Post  Zero on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:34 pm

I used to be a race fan as well. I followed MotoGP mostly but I'd watch any race that I could find. When I stopped riding back in 02 I stopped keeping up with it though. Just reminded me that I wasn't riding anymore. I'll probably get hooked again here pretty soon. Anyhow, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it.
Zero
Admin

View user profile http://lasportbikes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneStar636 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Zero wrote:I used to be a race fan as well. I followed MotoGP mostly but I'd watch any race that I could find. When I stopped riding back in 02 I stopped keeping up with it though. Just reminded me that I wasn't riding anymore. I'll probably get hooked again here pretty soon. Anyhow, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it.

Cool. This was a big weekend as Casey Stoner wrapped up the title and Jorge Lorenzo was unable to race due to losing the tip of his ring finger in a crash in QP. Ben Spies was also unable to race due to injuries from a 170 mph crash. Also if you've never watched Moto2 then you really need to! You'll get hooked on it I'm sure. I can't wait until the MotoGP race in Austin.
LoneStar636
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:47 pm

LoneStar636 wrote:
Zero wrote:I used to be a race fan as well. I followed MotoGP mostly but I'd watch any race that I could find. When I stopped riding back in 02 I stopped keeping up with it though. Just reminded me that I wasn't riding anymore. I'll probably get hooked again here pretty soon. Anyhow, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it.

Cool. This was a big weekend as Casey Stoner wrapped up the title and Jorge Lorenzo was unable to race due to losing the tip of his ring finger in a crash in QP. Ben Spies was also unable to race due to injuries from a 170 mph crash. Also if you've never watched Moto2 then you really need to! You'll get hooked on it I'm sure. I can't wait until the MotoGP race in Austin.

See! Now I want to go scour the internet for race footage.
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneStar636 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Zero wrote:
LoneStar636 wrote:

See! Now I want to go scour the internet for race footage.

If you can find all or at least the highlights from the Moto2 race at Aragon a couple weeks ago in was widely considered one of the best races in the past decade.
LoneStar636
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloopy70 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Welcome ! Maybe me you and jordan can get a ride in one day Wink
Sloopy70
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneStar636 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Sloopy70 wrote:Welcome ! Maybe me you and jordan can get a ride in one day Wink

Sure will. I've ridden some roads through the Kisatchie National Forest around Saline and Black Lake. That looks about halfway between us. That's actually where I took my avatar pic. Right near 126 and Forest Service Road 508.
LoneStar636
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloopy70 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Is that on 117 ?
Sloopy70
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloopy70 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Ok I see, other side of natchitoches...
Sloopy70
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneStar636 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Sloopy70 wrote:Ok I see, other side of natchitoches...

Yeah through the woods it's real nice on the warmer days cause theirs plenty of shade and the trees keep it cooler. Also you can ride for 10 minutes and not see another person or car out there.
LoneStar636
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan777er on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Glad to have you over here man.
jordan777er
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloopy70 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:34 am

Hey Jordan, maybe if Lonestar isn't busy thursday he could ride down with you... If I can scrape up any bodys to bring with me I'm going to...
Sloopy70
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:58 am

Did you get that tank fixed yet, Sloopy?
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloopy70 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:05 pm

not yet, maybe before this weekend... I've found out that I can ride with about 2 gallons in it at a time and don't have to worry about leaks, so I think I could limp between gas stations on that much I'm sure... Definitely planning on coming out this weekend if there is a ride going on... Would be cool if we started earlier in the day so that I don't have a 3 hour ride home starting at like 10pm lol but whatever is good for everyone else...
Sloopy70
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LoneStar636 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Damn I work THursday nights meaning I have to sleep in the day. I am off Friday until Monday night though.
LoneStar636
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down