[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

#3 - Forum meet and greet/ride/dinner! Sunday, October 16, 2011

Post  Zero on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:22 am

We'll be doing a forum meet and greet this Sunday at the Glenwood Mall parking lot in West Monroe followed by an approximately 1-2 hour ride. If you are coming from I-20, get off on Thomas Road and head North about a 1/4 mile. The entrance to the Mall is on the left across the street from Wendy's and Captain D's. The parking lot will be mostly empty on the weekends so we should be easy to find. Meet up time will be 3:45pm and we'll head out around 4:15pm. If you have any trouble finding us, call my cell. Chad @ 318-812-8947

We'll be heading up to the old Arkansas lock and dam. This will mostly be a scenic ride passing by 3 lakes and will likely take a couple of hours. We'll grab some dinner in West Monroe when we get back. I'm open to suggestions on the eating place if anyone has any? If not we'll keep it simple and just go to Raising Cane's cause everyone likes fried chicken right?

-Zero
Zero
Admin

View user profile http://lasportbikes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: #3 - Forum meet and greet/ride/dinner! Sunday, October 16, 2011

Post  Sloopy70 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:24 am

Don't know if I'm gonna make it or not, but I voted anyway Wink I'm gonna REALLY try to though... Maybe someone from that area would be cool enough to give me a spot to rest lol after just getting back to riding I can imagine a 3 hour ride nonstop is gonna be rough... If I go I plan on getting there a couple hours before the actual ride, so I can chill out and recooperate from the ride lol
Sloopy70
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:42 pm

I'd be happy to put you up for the afternoon Sloopy, but the wife just had surgery and is laid up on the couch in a lot of pain. She's really not in the mood for company if you know what I mean. Soon as she recovers though, we'd be glad to have you over. I hope you can still make it to the ride today. Heading out myself to go get ready, look forward to seeing you all there.
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloopy70 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:50 pm

With the leak I can only hold about 2 gallonsat a time, I'll have to wait till next weeks ride, sucks :-(
Sloopy70
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloopy70 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Hope your wife feels better from surgery. Give her a fist bump for me.
Sloopy70
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:40 pm

She's doing ok, still in a bit of pain but they got her on some loritab so she's not too bad off. She's going back to work tomorrow and as long as she doesn't strain herself she should be fully recovered in a couple of weeks.
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

So the story goes like this...

Post  Zero on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:03 am

We had quite the eventful ride this evening. 4 showed up for the ride, 2 backed out for mechanical issues, and 1 backed out due to a family member wrecking their bike. We ended up just doing our normal ride since I wanted to save the Arkansas ride for when we had more people. We were on the last leg of the ride when I looked back to see if we had everybody and we were missing a rider. We pulled over and about a minute later a guy pulled up in a truck shouting some incomprehensible red neck language at us. (no offense to red necks, I love all people, I just can't understand them all...) I could tell it wasn't good news though. So, we turned around and headed back a few miles and found our rider down on the side of the road. He low-sided in a tight right-hander due to some really bad tires. Aside from a sprang wrist and some underpants that probably needed changing, he wasn't hurt. His bike wasn't too bad off. Plastics on the left side were pretty scratched up. The worst of it went to the crank case cover which had a nice crack in it. All the oil leaked out of the bike. Obviously, he wouldn't be riding it home.

My wife came out and picked him up and gave him a ride home while my mom brought a truck out to load the bike up. Unfortunately, the truck had blown a tire a week prior and whoever changed it did a horrible job. By the time she got too us, there were only 2 lug nuts holding the wheel on and they weren't going to last much longer themselves. We loaded the bike in the back of the truck anyway and called Plunk's Wrecker service for a tow. Good news was the tow truck driver was a rider and had some friends who rode, so I gave them the site info. Hopefully, we'll get some new members out of this very eventful evening.

Thanks to Josh and Jamison for sticking around throughout the whole ordeal. See you guys next week!
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloopy70 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:07 am

Man, that was eventful...
Sloopy70
Test Drive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:18 am

Tell me about it, we started the ride just after 4pm and I just got home around 10pm. At least 2-3 of those hours were spent hanging out on the side of the road. We even had a family friend who is a cop come by with a jack and tire iron to see if we could get the truck drivable but it wasn't happening. The threads on the lugs were gone.
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum