Louisiana Sportbikes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#1 - Forum meet and greet/ride/dinner! Sunday, October 2, 2011

4 posters

Go down

#1 - Forum meet and greet/ride/dinner!  Sunday, October 2, 2011 Empty #1 - Forum meet and greet/ride/dinner! Sunday, October 2, 2011

Post  Zero Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:59 pm

We'll be doing a forum meet and greet this Sunday at the Glenwood Mall parking lot in West Monroe followed by an approximately 2 hour ride.

If you have a smartphone you can get access to the ride details through a free app called Greatest Road. Just go to the map and zoom in on the Monroe area and click the "show me" button. Several pins will come up, select the green pin on the corner of New Natchitoches and Thomas Rd. named Redneck Run. That is a basic overview of the ride with the exception that we will continue down to Chatham for a short break at the gas station there. Afterward, we will probably head to Hooters (or? open to suggestions) to eat. Meet up time will be 3:30pm and we'll head out around 4:00pm. I'll be on the 2005 blue/white R1. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

-Zero

Last edited by Zero on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Zero
Zero
Admin

https://lasportbikes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

#1 - Forum meet and greet/ride/dinner!  Sunday, October 2, 2011 Empty Re: #1 - Forum meet and greet/ride/dinner! Sunday, October 2, 2011

Post  Joshbz93 Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:52 pm

I'll be there. Round 2 for redneck run? lol

Joshbz93
Road Rash

Back to top Go down

#1 - Forum meet and greet/ride/dinner!  Sunday, October 2, 2011 Empty Re: #1 - Forum meet and greet/ride/dinner! Sunday, October 2, 2011

Post  Zero Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Yea, I'm hoping we don't run into any more mechanical problems this time. You should tell Alex to come and bring some friends.
Zero
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:33 am

Well, the turn-out was less than I'd hoped for but we had a couple of people show up and even tried to flag down a few more passers-by to no avail. The ride went well though. Everyone had a fast and fun but safe ride. No issues to speak of. Finished up with dinner at Hooters which unfortunately, was the worst part of the whole deal. Of course, the scenery was pleasant but the food was HORRIBLE. I mean inedible....literally. Won't be going back there to get charged 16 bucks so they can bring me a flat soda, an 8 dollar sandwich that was so hard and burnt it was comparable to trying to eat cement, and then bringing my fries a full 25 minutes after the sandwich when I was ready for the check. Then kicker? Charging me for all of it. Could have at least took off the fries I didn't eat. Anyhow, eat elsewhere, it ain't worth it. Otherwise, I look forward to doing it again next weekend and eating elsewhere.
Zero
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan777er Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:04 am

I would've loved to make it, but I work swing shift and I'm only off on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I'll be in Ruston on Thrusday, not sure if I'm riding or driving though.
jordan777er
jordan777er
Test Drive

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:30 am

During the week, I can only ride after 5:30pm. Weekends, I'm available whenever. You might have to call in sick one Sunday and come ride with us... Twisted Evil
Zero
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

#1 - Forum meet and greet/ride/dinner!  Sunday, October 2, 2011 Empty i must of been lost

Post  jsc2003 Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:56 am

where did yall meet up at? i went down thomas rd a few times and didn't see anybody
jsc2003
jsc2003
Road Rash

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:05 pm

I think we were at the RaceWay gas station when you went by. I waved at you to try and flag you down but I don't think you saw me. The meeting place is the Glenwood Mall parking lot directly across the street from Wendy's and Captain D's. I'll put my cell number in the post for next weeks ride in case anyone else has trouble finding us. I hate that we missed you, we had a good time. Hopefully, you can make it this Sunday.
Zero
Zero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down